Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cause just ok, is not enough.

The Motions: by Matthew West

This might hurt
It’s not safe
But I know that I’ve gotta make a change
I don’t care
If I break
At least I’ll be feeling something
‘Cause just ok
Is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions

No regrets
Not this time
I’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love
Make me whole
I think I’m finally feeling something


This song has been playing in my mind for the last few weeks. This is what I have been feeling for quite a while now. "'Cause just OK, is not enough".

I love my life,(Thank You S-Babe!) but do you ever wonder if there is more to it all? Sometimes I feel like selling everything and moving to a place where I can really make a difference. A place where people thirst and hunger for a real relationship with the creator of the Universe without all the self-righteous spiritually arrogant "Church-goers" watching every move they make to see if they measure up to their man-made standards and traditions.

It doesn't take me long to realize that I am in that place. I love the job God has given me at this time in my life. If I am not making a difference here and now, then what makes me think I would do better on some far away Island?

God help me to live in a way that when my time on earth is over I can say I have no regrets, I gave it my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment